I am a Meditation Teacher and Counsellor specialising in Stress Reduction.
For the last 27 years I have worked as a Psychotherapist, mainly in private practice and have wide experience helping people overcome difficulties. Recently however, I decided it was time for a change, and I now choose to focus on teaching meditation and stress reduction to willing students. I run classes in Neutral Bay, and am also available to come to your workplace and run a class just for you and your colleagues.
Private meditation lessons are also available.
Please call me on 0425 252 282 to discuss.
I also practice as an artist and potter. You can view some of my work at smapart.com
Stress and Anxiety are pandemic in our culture, and I have become more and more interested in this area because it is often at the very base of other issues. Whatever your problem or issue, it is always a lot easier to face it if you can think clearly and objectively. Learning about how to control and manage stress levels is absolutely vital for a healthy life, and I am passionate about teaching these skills.
My own recovery from stress and anxiety fuels my interest, and I know that change is possible. You can be calmer and less stressed and more productive!
- Master of Applied Science – Social Ecology (Critical Perspectives of Psychological Practice), University of Western Sydney 2000)
- Professional Training in Buddhist Psychotherapy (Australian Association of Buddhist Counsellors & Psychotherapists 2012)
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Relationship Counselling, Jansen Newman Institute (1997)
- Diploma of Learning Solutions In Hypnosis (Centre for Effective Therapy) (2005)
- Diploma of Shiatsu Therapy, Aiki Institute, Sydney (1989)
- Diploma of Macrobiotic Counselling and Oriental and Natural Therapeutics, Aiki Institute, Sydney (1989)
EXTENSIVE PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Ericksonian Hypnotherapy & Self Relations Psychotherapy
- (over 300 hours with Dr Stephen Gilligan)
- Basic and Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy ( Dr Michael Yapko)
- Brainspotting, Phase 1 and Phase 2 (with Brainspotting Australia Pacific)
- Emotional Freedom Therapy (Steve Wells and Dr David Lake)
- Foundations for Emotionally Focussed Therapy
- Contemporary Psychodramatic Techniques (School of Contemporary Psychodrama and Group Work)
- Certificate of Counselling & Psychotherapy (Australian College of Applied Psychology)
- Post Induction Therapy Treatment (South Pacific Private Hospital)
- Narrative Therapy
- Self Psychology
- Mindfulness Meditation (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
- Clinical Supervision for Mental Health Professionals
- Senior First Aid
After 27 years of experience as a therapist, I know that helping people is not a set of techniques, but an art.